Southshore Campground, located on the south side of Detroit Lake, offers great camping opportunies - a little further away from the busier portions of Detroit Lake. 30 campsites, amongst the tall trees offers quiet camping in all but the busiest summer weekends.
At a Glance
- Check-in time: 2:00 pm or later
- Check-out time: 1:00 pm
- 30 First-come, first-serve campsites
||Boat ramp,Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water,Parking
||Campsite must be occupied every night paid
*Multiple Campsites have two tables*
- Single Campsites - $20 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $38 per night*
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||5/26/2016 - 9/11/2016
- 14 day limit
- Use of chainsaws in the campground is prohibited
- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times within the campground
- Idanha, Oregon (6.3 miles)
- Detroit, Oregon (7.4 miles)
||Vault Toilets (6)
||Passes allow holder 50% off overnight fee*
*Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites*
- Golden Age/Access Pass
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass
- No passes honored for day use fees.
||American Land & Leisure
||Detroit Ranger Station
From Detroit, Oregon, travel east on State Highway 22 for 2.7 miles to Blowout Road (FSR10).
From Idanha, Oregon, travel west on State Highway 22 for 0.7 miles to Blowout Road (FSR10).
Proceed on Blowout Road 4.7 miles to Southshore Campground on the right.
Firewood sold on site
Campground Host available onsite
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
Parking is limited within the campground. If visiting for the day, please be aware that overnight campers have priority in the campsite parking.