Whispering Falls Campground is located on the North Santiam River, southeast of Detroit, Oregon.
Enjoy camping amongst the tall trees with the sound of the river rushing past your campsite.
At a Glance
- Check-in time: 2:00 pm or later
- Check-out time: 1:00 pm
||Reserve online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777
||Tent camping,Camping trailer,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
||Campsite must be occupied every night paid
*Multiple Campsites have two tables*
- Single Campsites - $16 per night
- Multiple Campsites - -- per night*
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||5/20/2016 - 9/11/2016
||July - August
- 14 day limit
- Use of chainsaws in the campground is prohibited
- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times within the campground
- Maximum trailer length 30 feet
- Idanha, Oregon (3.9 miles)
- Detroit, Oregon (8.3 miles)
||Vault Toilets (3)
||Passes allow holder 50% off overnight fee*
*Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites*
- Golden Age/Access Pass
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass
- No passes honored for day use fees.
||American Land & Leisure
||Detroit Ranger Station
8.3 miles southeast of Detroit, Oregon
From Detroit, Oregon, follow State Highway 22 southeast for 8.3 miles to Whispering Falls Campground. on the right.
Parking is limited within the campground. If visiting for the day, please be aware that overnight campers have priority in the campsite parking.
Fire rings, NO firewood available on site - contact host at Riverside Campground
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.