Area Status: Closed
Packard Creek is a popular 37-site campground on the western side of Hills Creek Reservoir. The family-friendly destination offers a picturesque setting among tall trees, with views of the lake beyond. Most of the campground is accessible. Each campsite is equipped with a picnic table and a campfire ring. The group campground, which accommodates up to 80 people, has a large picnic shelter and open space for tents. Some sites have individual boat docks as well. The campground is busy on summer weekends, so plan your arrival accordingly.
Popular recreational activities are swimming, boating, and fishing. Accessible parking is offered at the boat ramp/swimming area. Hikers, equestrians, and mountain cyclists can explore the Larison Creek Trail nearby.
Be aware that there is an abundant supply of poison oak throughout the camp; use caution when walking off the paved roads.
At a Glance
||Middle Fork Ranger District: Campground CLOSED for the season
||Campsites, including two multiple sites and one group site can be reserved online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777. From September 12-25, 2016 all sites are first-come first serve.
||Boat ramp,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
- Campsites must be occupied every night paid, and fees must be paid within 30 minutes of arrival.
- Single Campsites - $18 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $34 per night*
- Group Site - $145 per night
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- *Multiple campsites have two tables.
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||4/22/2016 - 9/25/2016
||July, August, September
- Check-in time is 2:00 pm or later. Check-out time is 1:00 pm.
- 14 day limit
- Maximum trailer length: 32 feet
- Quiet hours: 10 pm to 6 am
- Boaters are reminded that the speed limit around the swimming area and boat ramp is 5 M.P.H.
- Use of chainsaws prohibited in campground
- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times in the campground
||Oakridge, Oregon (7.4 miles)
||Golden Age/Access Pass and Interagency Senior/Access Pass allow holder 50% off overnight fee* *Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites.
||American Land & Leisure
||Middle Fork Ranger Station
7.4 miles southeast of Oakridge, Oregon on Hills Creek Reservoir
From Oakridge, Oregon: Beginning at the intersection of Crestview Street and Oregon State Highway 58 (the only traffic light along State Highway 58 in Oakridge), travel east on Highway 58 for 1.7 miles. At the intersection of Hills Creek Road/Kitson Springs Road, turn right and travel for 0.5 miles. Turn right on Forest Road 21, and travel for approximately 5.2 miles. The destination will be on your left.
Boat ramp open year-round
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
Accessible parking provided at the boat ramp/swimming areas.