Situated on a broad slope above Hills Creek Reservoir, this camp is busy on summer weekends, so plan your arrival accordingly. Accessible parking is offered at the boat ramp/swimming area. Popular recreational activities are swimming, boating, and fishing. Hikers, equestrians, and mountain cyclists can explore the Larison Creek Trail nearby.
Be aware that there is an abundant supply of poison oak throughout the camp; use caution when walking off the paved roads.
At a Glance
- Check in time: 2:00 pm or later
- Check out time: 1:00 pm
Reserve online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777
- 37 reservable sites, including two multiple sites and one group site
||Boat ramp,Picnic tables,Toilets,Drinking water
||Campsites must be occupied every night paid, and fees must be paid within 30 minutes of arrival.
*Multiple campsites have two tables.
- Single Campsites - $18 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $34 per night*
- Group Site - $145 per night
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||4/24/2015 - 9/27/2015
||July, August, September
- 14 day limit
- Maximum trailer length 28 feet
- Quiet hours: 10 pm to 6 am
- Boaters are reminded that the speed limit around the swimming area and boat ramp is 5 M.P.H.
- Use of chainsaws prohibited in campground
- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times in the campground
||Oakridge, Oregon (7.4 miles)
||Passes allow holder 50% off overnight fee*
*Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites.
- Golden Age/Access Pass
- Interagency Senior/Access Pass
- No passes honored for day use fees.
||American Land & Leisure
||Middle Fork Ranger Station
7.4 miles southeast of Oakridge, Oregon on Hills Creek Reservoir
From Oakridge, Oregon: Beginning at the intersection of Crestview Street and Oregon State Highway 58 (the only traffic light along State Highway 58 in Oakridge), travel east on Highway 58 for 1.7 miles. At the intersection of Hills Creek Road/Kitson Springs Road, turn right and travel for 0.5 miles. Turn right on Forest Road 21, and travel for approximately 5.2 miles. The destination will be on your left.
Boat ramp open year-round
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
Accessible parking provided at the boat ramp/swimming areas.