Area Status: Open
This camp has 92 campsites and is situated in a lower and wetter landscape than North Waldo and Islet Campground. It supports thicker and more diverse groundcover and generally more mosquitoes earlier in the season, so come prepared June to mid-August.
Hikers, equestrians, and mountain bikers can traverse the Shore Line Trail to the historic South Waldo Shelter and then continue on the Jim Weaver Loop #3590. Winding around to the west side of the lake, the public can catch glimpses of the lake through the high-elevation forest, or capture broad views of the High Cascades mountains from open viewpoints.
At a Glance
||Check-in time is 2:00 pm or later. Check-out time is 1:00 pm.
||16 campsites and 3 group sites can be reserved online at www.recreation.gov or phone 1.877.444.6777
||Campsite must be occupied every night paid and fees must be paid within 30 minutes of arrival.
- Single Campsites - $22 per night
- Multiple Campsites - $40 per night
- Group Campsites - $100 per night, midweek/$350 per night, weekend
- Extra Vehicles - $7 per vehicle, per night
- Day Use - $7 per vehicle, per day
||6/24/2016 - 9/25/2016
*Additional vehicles that cannot fit within the area of the parking spur must park in the boat launch parking area
- 14 day limit
- Maximum trailer length: 32 feet
- Single campsite capacity: 6 persons, 2 vehicles, and 2 tents*
- Multiple campsite capacity: 8 persons, 3 vehicles, and 3 tents*
- Use of chainsaws prohibited in campground
- Dogs MUST be on leash at all times while in the campground
- See special regulations for Waldo Lake Area
- Oakridge, Oregon (31.8 miles)
- Crescent Junction, Oregon (19 miles)
||Golden Age/Access Pass and Interagency Senior/Access Pass allow holder 50% off overnight fee*
*Discount does NOT apply to extra vehicle fees or multiple campsites.
||American Land & Leisure
||Middle Fork Ranger Station
Garbage containers, fire rings, interpretive sign
Read about camping rules, regulations and camping tips on our Camping Rules & Things to Know page.
31.8 miles east of Oakridge, Oregon
From Oakridge: At the intersection of Crestview Street and Oregon State Highway 58 (the only traffic light on State Highway 58 in Oakridge), travel east on Highway 58 for 23.3 miles. Turn left on the Waldo Lake Road/Forest Road 5897 and travel 6.7 miles to Forest Road 5896. Turn left onto Forest Road 5896, travel 1.7 miles and the destination will be on your right.