The Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest is located in the north center part of Utah.
Where is this Forest?


Passes & Permits

Permits may be required when extra measures are needed to protect natural or cultural resources.  It is good to check ahead of time to find out what types of passes and/or permits are required for different activies before entering the forest.  

Recreation: Local Passes and Permits related to recreating on the forest.

Forest Products: Edible material, Decorative material, Minerals, Plants, Woody material (includes Christmas tree and Firewood permit information).

Events and Commercial Permits: Filming, Group use, and Outfitter guide information.

Other: Permits for other items such as electrical easements, etc.  Please contact the appropriate Ranger District Office for information on other permits no listed.


Special Use Permit

A Special Use Permit grants rights or privileges of occupancy and use to the holder. Examples include reserving a public site for a wedding party, or holding a bicycle race on public lands. These permits contain specific terms and conditions that the holder must follow. Before Special Use Permits are issued, the Forest Service must determine that the proposed use complies with all management plans and laws, that there is a demonstrated need for the activity, and that the use is appropriate on national forest system lands. Special Use Permits are a temporary authority.