The Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest is located in the north center part of Washington state.
Where is this Forest?


Event/Commercial Permits

Who needs a special use permit?

Commercial activities must obtain a permit when they charge a participation fee or where the primary purpose is the sale of goods or services, regardless of whether the activity is intended to produce a profit. Permits control recreational land use, protecting natural resources from overuse or damage.

Recreation Events

Activities that require a recreation special use permit include competitive races, contests, fund raisers, eco-challenges, dog trails, club activities, adventure games and endurance races. If you or your organization is considering holding such an event on the national forest, contact your local ranger district well in advance of the scheduled event to determine whether a permit is available.

Commercial Filming and Photography

Commercial filming and still photography on national forest lands require a special use authorization.

Temporary Permits

The Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest is accepting temporary outfitter and guide permit applications. A limited number of permits are available in various locations for river boating and fishing, climbing, hiking and skiing.

Road Use Permits

Using a national forest road for commercial hauling requires a permit or written authorization.

Outfitters & Guides

These outfitters and guides operate on the Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest.