The Mt. Hood National Forest is located in the north center part of Oregon.
Where is this Forest?


Recreation Passes & Permits

Where are recreation day use fees charged? 

To purchase online click on the "BUY" buttons. For more information click on the individual passes. 

Recreation Passes

Question Mark with Question text



What types of recreation passes are available and how do I decide?

Are there any Free Days? Fees are waived at Forest Service-managed day use sites to celebrate specific events.

Where does the money go? Recreation fee revenues make a difference.

How can I get involved? The Pacific Northwest Recreation Resource Advisory Committee provides recommendations concerning recreation fees.

Exceptions: Concession Operated Forest Service Day Use Sites with Fees

Wilderness Permits

  • Visitors to the Mt. Hood Wilderness and the Salmon Huckleberry Wilderness must have a completed wilderness permit in their possession during their stay in these areas from May 15 through October 15.
  • Climbers must have a wilderness permit in their possession year-round when on the south side climbing route of Mt. Hood. Permits are available at the Wy'East Timberline Day Lodge.
  • Permits are free and self-issued at trailheads.


State of Oregon Sno*Park Permit

Sno*Park logo

NOTE: Oregon will no longer be able to honor Washington’s Sno-Park permits.  You must have a valid State of Oregon Sno*Park permit displayed in the windshield of your vehicle if you park in designated winter recreation parking areas (Sno*Parks) between November 1 and April 30