USFS Christmas tree permits available
Release Date: Sep 28, 2011
Julia Faith Rivera, 928-333-6280
USFS Christmas tree permits available October 13 at Western Drug in Springerville and Creekside Steakhouse near Payson; and on October 15 at Big Five Sporting Goods Stores across Arizona
The Forest Service is again partnering with 19 commercial vendors across Arizona to offer convenient ways for the public to purchase Christmas tree permits. Beginning October 13, Christmas tree permits can be purchased at Western Drug Store in Springerville, Creekside Steakhouse near Payson, and on October 15 at one of 17 Big 5 Sporting Goods stores in the Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, Kingman, Mojave, Prescott Valley, Show Low, and Yuma areas. Christmas tree cutting season begins on November 19 and ends on Christmas Day.
Each Christmas tree permit is for a specified cutting area of the Apache-Sitgreaves, Coconino, Kaibab, Prescott, or Tonto National Forests, and costs $15. Some cutting areas offer a very limited number of permits and may sell out quickly. Maps of the Christmas tree cutting areas and the number of available permits at participating vendors will be posted on the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests website as soon as that information is available. The website is http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/asnf/christmastreepermit2011 or phone the Christmas Tree Hotline anytime at 928 333-6267.
General Rules for Christmas tree permits
• Each Christmas tree permit is $15.
• One Christmas tree permit allowed per household — for personal use only.
• Trees must be cut within designated cutting-areas.
• Trees may be cut between November 19 and December 25.
• There are no refunds on Christmas tree permits.
Participating Commercial Outlets
• Springerville: Western Drug Store, 106 East Main Street, 928-333-4321
• Payson: Creekside Steakhouse, 1520 East Christopher Creek Loop, 928-478-4389
Participating Big Five Sporting Goods Stores
• Avondale/Goodyear: 1623 North Dysart Road, 623-535-0384
• Chandler: 2050 North Arizona Avenue, 480-821-9226
• Flagstaff: 2775 Woodlands Village Boulevard, 928-214-0590
• Glendale: 5490 West Bell Road, 602-548-5794
• Kingman: 3320 North Stockton Hill Road, 928-692-4944
• Mesa: 2930 North Power Road, 480-854-1889
• Mesa/Gilbert: 1244 South Gilbert Road, 480-507-0137
• Mojave: 1835 Hwy 95, Bullhead City, 928-763-0608
• Paradise Valley: 4623 East Cactus Road, 602-953-0305
• Phoenix/Bell Rd: 1919 West Bell Road, 602-863-1309
• Phoenix/East: 3560 East Thomas Road, 602-955-9601
• Phoenix/West: 7710 West Thomas Road, 623-848-4800
• Prescott: 6106 Highway 69, Prescott Valley, 928-759-0013
• Show Low: 4441 South White Mountain, 928-537-5551
• Scottsdale: 3330 Hayden Road, 480-941-4387
• Tucson: 5695 East Speedway Boulevard, 520-296-3326
• Yuma: 505 Catalina Drive, 928-726-2884
In addition to commercial vendor locations, some National Forest offices are selling Christmas tree permits over the counter. Contact the National Forest for information on which offices are offering over-the-counter Christmas tree permits, and when they will be sold.
• Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests 928-333-6280
• Coconino National Forest 928-527-3600
• Kaibab National Forest 928-635-5600
• Prescott National Forest 928-443-8000