Schedule of Proposed Actions (SOPA)
The national software "Projects, Appeals and Litigation System" (PALS) has been developed to provide a consistent format across National Forests. It is a means of tracking information nationally on the use of various new planning authorities, including the National Forest Restoration Act and the Healthy Forests Initiative.
Disclosure Notice: It is the practice of the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest to make comments, including names and addresses of respondents, available for public review. Unless you specifically request us to withhold your name and address, it may be part of the record under NEPA and could be made available to the public upon request. Read more about the Schedule of Proposed Actions (SOPA).
Public Comments Sought on Mineral Withdrawal
5-year Mineral Withdrawal in Aid of Legislation
Public comments are being sought for a 5-year mineral withdrawal in aid of legislation. The withdrawal includes 95,684 acres of National Forest System land on the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest and 5,376 acres of BLM lands on the Medford and Coos Bay Districts of the BLM. The land is located in the Rough & Ready/Baldface Creek area in Josephine County and the Hunter Creek/Pistol River area in Curry County. A 90-day public comment period commenced on June 29, 2015 with the publication of a federal register notice and extends through September 28, 2015. Written comments may be sent to the Bureau of Land Management, Oregon State Office, P.O. Box 2965, Portland, OR 97208-2965.
- Summary of Minerals Withdrawal in Aid of Legislation (228 KB PDF)
- HR 682 “Southwestern Oregon Watershed and Salmon Protection Act of 2015” (245 KB PDF)
- Rough & Ready/Baldface Mineral Withdrawal Proposal Map (1,189 KB PDF)
- Hunter Creek and Pistol River Headwaters Mineral Withdrawal Proposal Map (950 KB PDF)
- Unofficial - Gold Beach Mineral Withdrawal Proposal Map (9,071 KB PDF)
- Unofficial - Wild Rivers Mineral Withdrawal Proposal Map (22,335 KB PDF)
- Process and Timeline (197 KB PDF)
- Federal Register Notice (184 KB PDF)
Illinois River Recreation Development
- Decision Notice and Finding of No Significant Impact - Revised 12/10/2004 (911 KB PDF)