|Trail||Miles||Other Trail Uses|
|Brush Hollow Cross-Country Ski and Hiking Trail||7.7||cross-country skiing, hiking|
|Buzzard Swamp Wildlife Viewing and Hiking Area||11.2||cross-country skiing, hiking|
|Trails at Jakes Rocks||30.23||hiking|
|Marienville ATV/Motorized Dirt Bike Trail||37||ATV, motorized dirt bikes|
|Morrison Hiking Trail||12.6||hiking|
|Rocky Gap ATV/Mountain Bike Trail||21.9||ATV's, trailbikes, snowmobiles, horses|
|Timberline ATV Trail||38||ATV|
|Willow Creek ATV/Mountain Bike Trail||10.8||ATV's, trailbikes|
|Twin Lakes Hiking Trail||15.8||hiking, cross country skiing|
Planning Your Mountain Bike Experience
- Trail maps are linked to on trail pages.
- Comply with signs and barriers, and leave gates as you found them.
- Respect public and private property by practicing minimum impact cycling.
Protect the environment
- Stay on trails and roads designated for use. Cutting switchbacks, creating hill climbs and riding in undesignated areas cause erosion, loss of wildlife habitat and other natural resource damage. Repairs cost tax dollars, and citations cost you dollars.
- Minimize erosion by staying on trails and not cutting switchbacks.
- Avoid wet, muddy areas as they are more susceptible to erosion. Meadows, lake shores, stream banks and vegetation are easily damaged.
- Do not ride on snow-covered roads!
- Do not disturb wildlife or livestock.
- Teach new riders trail etiquette—lead by example.
- Don’t litter. Pack out more than your share.
Ride safely, stay in control
- The forest is for everyone. Be considerate of hikers and equestrians.
- Always wear a protective helmet and other gear.
- Ride single file in the middle of the trail to avoid widening the trail.
- Yield right-of-way to other trail users. Horses spook when they see an unfamiliar object, especially one that moves quickly and quietly.
- Slow down and use caution when passing others. If necessary, dismount your vehicle or bicycle on the downhill side and wait for horses and hikers to pass.
- Control your speed at all times and approach turns in anticipation of someone around the bend. Reckless riding and high downhill speeds are not appropriate.
- Be prepared for sudden changes in weather.
- Don’t ride alone. Tell someone where you plan to ride and then stick to your plans.
- Don’t take unnecessary chances—help for emergencies may be miles away.
- Make sure you have a first aid kit and other safety gear with you when riding in the forest.
Remember: You are responsible for your own safety and for the safety of those around you.
Mountain Biking Areas
- Allegheny Reservoir
- Jakes Rocks Overlook and Mountain Bike Trail
- Morrison Hiking Trail
- Bradford Ranger District
- Rocky Gap ATV Trail
- Willow Creek ATV Trail
- Marienville Ranger District
- Brush Hollow Cross Country Ski and Hiking Trail
- Buzzard Swamp Wildlife Viewing and Hiking Area
- Buzzard Swamp 157 Trailhead
- Buzzard Swamp 376 Trailhead
- Twin Lakes Hiking Trail