Ice fishing is available on the Allegheny Reservoir during winter months. The solitude and quiet out on the ice on a clear winter's day is inspiring, and the fish can be plentiful.
You do have to be prepared. Check ice thickness before venturing on to the ice. Carry 'ice picks' to be able to climb out in case you go through the ice, and a length of rope for rescues. Bring extra clothing in waterproof bags for a wet person to change into. Remember that cell phone service is spotty and you can not count on quick access to emergency services.
For more tips on winter/ice fishing, visit the PA Fish and Boat Commission website
Access on to the reservoir for ice fishing is from the sites listed below.
Ice Fishing Areas
Alerts & Warnings
- Hunter Roads on Marienville Ranger District will close January 17, 2023
- Northern Goshawks are Protected Endangered Species
- Feeding Wildlife is Prohibited
- Pest Alert: Spotted Lanternfly
- Please do not bring firewood on to the ANF!
- Forest Road 457 Closed
- Don't Pick the Ginseng