Horse Riding & Camping
Choose from the following to find a site:
Riding horseback is a fascinating way to blend in with nature and see the Angeles National Forest - San Gabriel Mountains National Monument. Horseback-riding is permitted on all national forest trails and roads, except for nature trails. The Sulphur Springs Trail Camp and Deer Flats Group Campground offer horse-camping facilities. Available paths for equestrian use include: the Mount Waterman, Jackson Lake, Castle Canyon, and Devil’s Punchbowl trails.
California has a long tradition of horses and mules helping visitors reach the high country. Specific trail descriptions can be found in the "Horse Riding" link above. Please click on the links for more information.
Alerts & Warnings
- 05-01-22-06 Fire Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-01-22-04 - Williamson Rock Area Closure & Map
- Forest Order 05-01-22-05 West Fork Road Closure Order and Map
- Forest Order No. 05-01-22-02 Angeles NF Bobcat Closure Order
- Forest Order No. 05-01-22-01 - Eagle Closure Area