Many people enjoy the solitude and primitive experience of camping away from developed areas and other campers. Dispersed camping requires extra responsibilities and skills.
- Keep a pack-in pack-out camp. Amenities like water, restrooms or trash cans are not provided.
- There are no fees or permit required for dispersed camping in small groups. Group size is limited to no more than 10 people in a designated Wilderness.
- Camping stay is limited to 21 consecutive days.
- Please camp at least 200 feet from any stream or other water source.
- Contact the local District Office to see if any restrictions are in place.
- Use a good map to ensure you are not on private land.
- Be bear aware: keep a clean camp and keep food out of reach of bears.