OHV Trail Riding
Come explore our nearly 200 miles of motorized trails on the Kisatchie; more than any other public agency in Louisiana!
Click here for the latest updates on trail closures.
Know before you go:
- No cross country travel. Stay on the 'Designated Trail' only.
- Do not ride OHV on roads or the road right-of-way.
- Short cutting a switchback on any designated trail is prohibited.
- Do not ride your OHV in the Camping Area or Parking Lot. Use the trail provided.
- OHV in excess of 50 inches in width is prohibited.
- OHV tires with lug length in excess of 1" (inch) are prohibited.
- OHV must have a spark arresting device (muffler).
- OHV in violation of applicable noise emission standards in excess of (99) decibels at (20) inches from exhaust is prohibited.
- Day use hours are 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or daylight to dark.
- Quiet time is 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. in the camping areas.
For a complete list of OHV Rules and Regulations, please click here.
The Forest is divided into five districts: 1) Calcasieu Ranger District, Evangeline Unit is located in Rapides Parish nearest to Alexandria and Pineville, Vernon Unit in Vernon Parish nearest to Leesville; 2) Catahoula Ranger District is located in Grant Parish, nearest to Pollock, Dry Prong, and Bentley; 3) Winn Ranger District is located in Winn Parish nearest to Winnfield; 4) Kisatchie Ranger District is located in Natchitoches Parish nearest to Natchitoches; 5) Caney Ranger District is located in Webster and Claiborne Parishes, nearest to Homer, Minden, and Shreveport.