See our Malheur National Forest Campground Brochure (pdf) for a downloadable and printable list and map of our available campgrounds and amenities.
Camping is limited to 14 consecutive days on the Malheur National Forest.
There is no fee for day use on the Malheur National Forest.
The season for fee campgrounds runs from May 1 through October 31.
All camping on the Malheur National Forest is first-come, first served. Only three features may be reserved on recreation.gov or by calling 1-877-444-6777, including:
- Magone Lake Group Campsite
- Magone Lake Picnic Pavilion
- Idlewild Picnic Pavilion
- Camping only permitted in sites designated by a campsite post.
- Maximum occupancy of 8 people per campsite.
- Only one RV per campsite.
- Limit of two vehicles per campsite. First vehicle included in site fee. Second vehicle is an additional fee.
- 4 motorcycles per campsite before additional vehicle fees apply.
- 5 bicycles per campsite before additional vehicles fees apply.
All developed campgrounds have the following amenities:
- Sites for tents and/or campers
- Fire rings
- Picnic tables
- Toilet facilities
- Access roads
- Reasonable visitor protection
Some developed campgrounds may also have:
- Drinking water
- Fee collection (95% of which comes back to the forest to maintain recreation sites)
There is no trash service at recreation sites. If you “PACK IT IN”, always "PACK IT OUT". Please practice Leave No Trace ethics and leave your campsite cleaner than you found it. Please do not leave or burn garbage in the campfire ring.
No forest campgrounds have dump stations. These stations are available at some local RV parks.
Seasonal fire restrictions may be in effect to prevent wildfires during extremely dry periods. These restrictions will be posted separately and violations are punishable by fines or imprisonment.
Pets must be restrained or on a leash at all times while in developed recreation areas.For further recreation information, please visit: https://www.fs.usda.gov/recmain/malheur/recreation
Campground Camping Areas
- Big Creek Campground
- Buck Spring Campground
- Crescent Campground
- Deerhorn Campground
- Delintment Lake Campground
- Dixie Campground
- Elk Creek Campground
- Emigrant Campground
- Falls Campground
- Head O' Boulder Forest Camp
- Idlewild Campground
- Joaquin Miller Horse Camp
- Little Crane Campground
- Lower Camp Creek Campground
- Magone Lake Campground
- Middle Fork Campground
- Murray Campground
- North Fork Malheur Campground
- Oregon Mine Campground
- Parish Cabin Campground
- Pine Creek Horse Camp
- Rock Springs Campground
- Slide Creek Campground
- Starr Campground
- Strawberry Campground
- Tip Top Campground
- Trout Farm Campground
- Vinegar Hill Indian Rock Scenic Area
- Wickiup Campground
- Yellowjacket Campground