Choose from the following to find a site:


Access for Mobility Impaired Hunters Program on the Nez Perce-Clearwater National Forests

The Red River, Lochsa and North Fork Ranger Districts are participating in this program where hunters holding an Idaho Handicapped Persons Vehicle Hunting Permit and valid hunting license will be granted a permit to access certain closed roads. One non-hunting assistant may accompany the mobility-impaired hunter behind the closed gate. The permits will be made available on a first-come, first-served basis by reservation only.

The Red River Ranger District is once again participating in the program and offers Trapper Creek Road #9550 in Hunting Unit 20 and Center Star Road #1110 and Moose Butte Road #1150 in Hunting Unit 15. For more information, or to reserve a road, please contact their office in Elk City at (208) 842-2245.

The Lochsa Ranger District offers three roads in Hunting Unit 12: Canyon Creek Road #445, Deadman Creek Road #5541, and Middle Deadman Creek Road #5543. For more information, or to reserve a road, please contact their office in Kooskia at (208) 926-4274.

The North Fork Ranger District has opened Lost Bugle Road #5222 to handicapped hunters. Persons taking part in the Mobility Impaired Hunter Access Program will be allowed to drive pickups, passenger cars and ATVs on Road #5222; the road is gated and usually off-limits to motorized vehicles. Hunting parties will be allowed to camp within ¼ mile of the gate. Camping beyond this point is prohibited. For more information, please contact their office in Orofino at (208) 476-8267.

Federal & State

The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is responsible for regulating and managing sport hunting on State and Federal lands. Visit the Idaho Fish and Game web site for more information.


The Treaty of 1855 guaranteed the Nez Perce Tribe certain rights, including hunting, gathering and fishing. Visit the Nez Perce Tribe web site for more information.

Idaho Outfitters & Guides

Explore Idaho Outfitter and Guide Licensing Board website at:   IOGLB, where you can search for outfitters by activity.  

Areas & Activities