Horse Riding & Camping
Choose from the following to find a site:
Designed and operated in partnership with Backcountry Horsemen of Arizona, Groom Creek Horse Camp accommodates only campers with horses. Located near Spruce Mountain, equestrians can hit the Forest's world class trails right from their spacious camp sites. Corrals, water troughs, and hitching posts scattered throughout the campground make this a paradise for equestrian camping!
Report Trail Conditions: Help us manage trails for your safety and enjoyment by reporting your experience to the Prescott Trails Safety Coalition.
Alerts & Warnings
- Trail and Campground Closures Due to Thinning in Alto Pit OHV Day Use/Campground
- Winter Recreation: Know Before You Go
- FR 104 on Mingus Mtn. CLOSED for winter at junction with FR 413
- Perkinsville Bridge Area Special Closure
- There are currently NO FIRE RESTRICTIONS in effect on Prescott NF
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands