Greeley Ponds - Kancamagus Brook Cross Country Ski trail Re-Route
The Greeley Ponds Trail provides an excellent backcountry cross country skiing opportunity from Livermore Trail to Lower Greeley Pond. Segments of the trail were rerouted away from the banks of the Mad River utilizing a segment of the Timber Camp Trail and some new trail construction.
The Kancamagus Brook Cross Country Ski trail is still accessible via the re-routed Greeley Ponds Trail. The Kancamagus Brook Ski Trail will now be (0.6 miles) longer since instead of ending at the former junction with the Greeley Ponds Trail (at the confluence of Flume Brook and the Mad River) it now consumes an old section of the Greeley Ponds Trail between the Flume Brook and the new crossing of the Mad River just below its confluence with Greeley Brook. This trail will continue to be managed only for winter use and will not be maintained as a hiking trail.
For illustrated description, view the map.
XC Skiing/Snowshoeing Areas
- Androscoggin Ranger District
- Great Glen Nordic Ski Area
- Hayes Copp XC-Ski Trailhead
- Pemigewasset Ranger District
- Beaver Brook Picnic Area
- Bretton Woods Nordic Ski Area
- Lafayette XC-Ski Trailhead
- Livermore S Trailhead
- Waterville Valley Ski Area
- Saco Ranger District
- Bear Notch Ski Touring
- Jackson Ski Touring Foundation Nordic Ski Area
- Meadow Brook Snowmobile & Biking Trailhead
- Rob Brook - Nana XC-Ski Trailhead