The information below provides updates to existing information on our webpage about Angeles National Forest offices and visitor centers. Check this alert regularly. Hours and pass availability may change with limited or no notice.
Trying to Call Us?
**Phone lines to forest offices and possibly some or all visitor centers are down at this time due to a nationwide issue on some phone systems.
Please either see us in person at one of our offices or visitor centers OR email us--Angeles National Forest - Contact Us (usda.gov).
Big Pines Visitor Center (Near Wrightwood, CA)
- Normally open weekends & some holidays, 10 a.m - 4 p.m., when volunteers are available, may close earlier due to weather.
Chilao Visitor Center (Approximately 27 miles north of La Cañada Flintridge, CA)
- Enter the visitor center from the back, as the front boardwalk needs repairs due to storm damage.
Los Angeles Gateway Ranger District (San Fernando, CA)
- No new updates at this time.
San Gabriel Canyon Off-Highway Vehicle Area (Azusa, CA)
- Due to heavy flooding from recent winter storms, the San Gabriel Canyon OHV Area is temporarily closed until further notice.
San Gabriel Mountains National Monument (Glendora, CA)
- Office open Mondays - Thursdays only.
- Passes only sold Mondays - Wednesdays. On rare occasion, a staff member might be available to sell passes on a Thursday.
- Always call ahead to see if passes are available for sale.
Where else can I buy recreation passes?
Adventure Pass Vendors Southern California
Places to Get Interagency Passes
When the phone lines become functional again, remember to always call ahead to confirm if an office is open and if passes are available (if sold there).
When one office is closed, please contact another forest office or visitor center for info/pass sales.