NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
Date(s): Sep 21, 2023
The info below provides updates to existing information on our webpage about Angeles National Forest offices and visitor centers:
Chilao Visitor Center (Approximately 27 miles north of La Cañada Flintridge, CA)
- Temporarily closed until the area can be accessed safely and repairs are made after winter/spring storms.
Los Angeles Gateway Ranger District (San Fernando, CA)
- Office phone number (818) 899-1900 is currently under maintence and is not available, please call (626) 574-5340 for any questions related to the Los Angeles Gateway Ranger District.
- Office will be closing at 3pm on Thursday, September 21, 2023.
- Adventure & Interagency Passes not available at this location until further notice, as new staff are being trained in selling them in the future.
San Gabriel Mountains National Monument (Glendora, CA)
- Office now open Mondays - Fridays, however passes are still only sold Mondays - Wednesdays.
- On rare occasion, staff might be available to sell passes on a Thursday or Friday.
- Always call ahead to see if passes are available.
Where else can I buy recreation passes?
Always call ahead to confirm if an office is open and if passes are available (if sold there). When an office is closed, please contact another forest office for info/pass sales.
Check this alert regularly. Hours and pass availability may change with limited notice.
Alerts & Warnings
- NEW! Office Updates - Need Info or Passes?
- NEW! Closures Due to Tropical Storm Hilary
- UPDATED! Forest Service Road Closures
- Fire Danger: HIGH
- Temporary Closures (Bobcat Fire)
- Advisory: Safety by Waterfalls / Streams / Creeks
- Driving to the Forest?
- Advisory: Hiking at High Elevations
- Planning to Camp? (Stay Limits & Dispersed Camping Restrictions)