The info below provides updates to existing information on our webpage about Angeles National Forest offices and visitor centers:
Acton Work Center (Acton, CA):
- This office may be closed all or part of the time from Tuesday, Sept. 26 - Tuesday, October 3. Call first to confirm if open or closed prior to arrival.
Chilao Visitor Center (Approximately 27 miles north of La Cañada Flintridge, CA)
- Temporarily closed until the area can be accessed safely and repairs are made after winter/spring storms.
Los Angeles Gateway Ranger District (San Fernando, CA)
- Office will be closing at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, September 29.
- Adventure & Interagency Passes not available at this location until further notice, as new staff are being trained in selling them in the future.
San Gabriel Mountains National Monument (Glendora, CA)
- Office now open Mondays - Fridays, however passes are still only sold Mondays - Wednesdays.
- On rare occasion, staff might be available to sell passes on a Thursday or Friday.
- Always call ahead to see if passes are available.
Where else can I buy recreation passes?
Adventure Pass Vendors Southern California
Places to Get Interagency Passes
Always call ahead to confirm if an office is open and if passes are available (if sold there). When an office is closed, please contact another forest office for info/pass sales.
Check this alert regularly. Hours and pass availability may change with limited notice.