Check road and weather conditions
Date(s): Jan 1, 2020
The Columbia River Gorge often has major weather differences between the east, central, and west Gorge. The National Weather Service in Portland provides west and central Gorge forecasts, the Pendleton office produces our east Gorge forecasts.
Check Forecasts Before Coming:
The Columbia River Gorge is a mix of private and public lands, and most roads leading to Forest Service recreation sites in the Gorge are managed by the states, so check their traffic sites for current status.
Check Road and Traffic Conditions:
Alerts & Warnings
- Larch Mountain Closure due to Road Construction
- Effective Oct 20, 2022: Closure Update: Eagle Creek Fire
- 2023/2024 Fire Hire Now through Sept 29
- Wyeth Campground Water
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions