Alerts & Notices
- Deep Gap Road Closed for Repairs
Date(s): Nov 21, 2019
Contact(s): Nantahala Ranger District, (828)524-6441
UPDATE 10/29/2020: Deep Gap Rd is now open.
Starting Nov. 25, the Nantahala Ranger District will close Deep Gap Road (FSR 71) in Macon County for repairs. The road will be closed from Park Gap to the end of the road. Repairs will be done by the Federal Highway Administration. The road will be closed until further notice.
The road will be closed until further notice.
For further information or questions, please contact the Nantahala Ranger District at (828)524-6441.
Alerts & Warnings
- 12/2 Hurricane Ridge Fire Update- Appalachian RD
- Uwharrie RD- Canebrake Horse Camp Temporary Closure
- Appalachian RD: Black Mountain and Briar Bottom Campground Closures
- Cheoah RD: Fontana Loop Trail TR15, Portions of Bee Cove TR421 Temporarily Close
- Be Bear Aware
- Catawba Falls Trail (TR 225) Closed
- Camping and other restrictions now in effect at Max Patch
- Nantahala RD: Multiple areas under construction
- Appalachian RD: NCDOT construction near Harmon Den may affect Forest access
- Grandfather RD: Old House Gap Rd (FS192) temporarily closed
- Recreate responsibly
- Target Shooting prohibited on Croatan National Forest