Drones Use on Forest Service Lands
Date(s): Mar 4, 2016
Flying drones has become a popular recreational activity recently, but it has also caused serious hazards to aircraft and negatively impacted fire fighting operations. Before flying drones above your public lands, it is important that you become familiar with regulations governing their use.
Regulations stipulate where and when drones may be flown, they protect wildlife and the environment, and they ensure public safety. Please view the list of regulations governing drone use over Forest Service lands.
Alerts & Warnings
- There are currently NO FIRE RESTRICTIONS in effect on Prescott NF
- Temporary road closure/camping restrictions near Perkinsville Bridge
- Target Type restrictions implemented across the Prescott NF
- Temporary Camping Restrictions along Highway 260 and Salt Mine Road Corridor
- Drones Use on Forest Service Lands