Wild and Special ...
Big Views and Scenic Drives...
Several scenic byways and travel corridors:
- One National Scenic Byway- the Grand Mesa Byway
- Sections of an All-American Road- the San Juan Skyway
- Four State Designated Scenic Byways: the Alpine Loop, Unaweep, Silverthread, and West Elk Loop
- Seven additional travel corridors with high quality scenery and/or recreational values
Following the Trail...
Many miles of motorized and non-motorized single-track trails including several trails with special designations:
- Five National Trails designated for historic, scenic or recreational significance
- One proposed National Discovery Trail
- One State Designated Trail, the Colorado Trail