Please fill out the email request below to send comments or questions to the Sierra National Forest Public Affairs Officer.
The Public Affairs Officer is responsible for overseeing all external communications regarding Sierra National Forest resources and programs. Visitors may also call one of the phone numbers listed on the offices page to reach Visitor Information staff at one of the two districts or at the Forest Supervisor's office with questions about visiting the forest.
Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), which can be found in Title 5 of the United States Code, section 552, was enacted in 1966 and provides that any person has the right to request access to federal agency records or information.
Pending Regulations and Legislation
Regulations.gov is the U.S. Government web site that makes it easier for you to participate in Federal rulemaking - an essential part of the American democratic process.
Alerts & Warnings
- Sierra NFSafety Advisory: Road and Recreation Facilities Closure Extended
- Bass Lake Ranger District plans to initiate winter/spring prescribed burning
- High Sierra Ranger District plans fall/winter/spring prescribed fire projects
- High Sierra Ranger District will be changing hours of operation
- Recreation Fee Program Accomplishment Highlights 2021
- Public Meeting Creek Fire Ecological Restoration Project Video
- Seasonal Visitors Center Closure