Umpqua National Forest - Welcome!
Welcome to the Umpqua National Forest
The Umpqua National Forest is nestled on the western slopes of the Cascade Mountains. Explosive geologic events shaped this distinctive landscape and provide spectacular scenery.
Explore over 500 miles of hiking trails, including 30 miles of the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail.
There are 40 developed campgrounds on the Umpqua National Forest. It's time to start exploring!
America the Beautiful - National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Passes provide visitors an affordable and convenient way to access Federal recreational lands.
Special Forest Products
Members of the public can obtain permits to harvest firewood, mushrooms, salal, beargrass, and other special forest products.
Make sure you have the right map for your next adventure! Buy Forest Service maps online.
Safety & Ethics
Learn how you can be a good steward of your National Forests and promote a rewarding and safe outdoor recreation experiences for all visitors.
Stories from the Forest
Learn how the U.S. Forest Service works toward healthy and thriving landscapes by reading stories about projects, partnerships, volunteer programs, and much more!
Alerts & Warnings
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-468 Dated 09/21/2022
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-464 Rescinded 09/21/2022
- Forest Order 06-15-03-22-467 Rescinded 09/13/2022
- Road 4720 & 4720-005 Closed Starting 9/19/22
- Forest Order #06-18-00-22-14 Dated 08/04/2022
- Termination of Order No. 06-15-00-22-460 No PURS in Effect
- Stay Limit on the Umpqua National Forest