Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
Welcome to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area
The Columbia River gorge is a spectacular river canyon, 80 miles long and up to 4,000 feet deep, that meanders past cliffs, spires, and ridges set against nearby peaks of the PNW’s Cascade Mountain Range.
We're Hiring (Permanent and Temporary) Seasonal Employees for the 2024 Season. Learn more and apply.
Alerts & Warnings
- Effective Oct 20, 2022-2024: Eagle Creek Fire Closure
- Seasonal permits not currently required at Multnomah Falls
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions