Forest Restoration and You
Our forest is changing! Forest restoration projects occurring across northern Arizona will return the forest to a healthier, more natural state and reduce the risk of severe fire. These projects are supported by multiple partners working together to restore forest health, protect communities and watersheds, and improve wildlife habitat. Our forests are public resources, managed for YOU. Learn more and get involved by using this guide as a starting point.
Be Safe Be Prepared Be Involved
- Use caution driving near logging trucks and harvesting equipment.
- Harvesting equipment operators have limited visibility. Do not enter areas where harvesting equipment is operating.
- Follow smoke management efforts and reports: smoke.azdeq.gov
- Follow wildfire activity status reports by selecting Arizona at: inciweb.nwcg.gov
- Make your property “Firewise” to reduce risks of fire starting within communities: firewise.org
- Learn more about fireadapted communities at fireadaptednetwork.org