just for kids
Activities on the Allegheny
- Take a hike on one of the trails around the Allegheny, head up to Rimrock or Jakes Rocks and explore the giant boulders. Look around and see how many different colored mushrooms you can find, listen for the birds and see how many trees you can find growing out of the boulders!
- Take a drive to the Old Powerhouse and see part of Pennsylvania's oil and gas history!
- Hike through the Tionesta or Hearts Content National Scenic Areas, stop and check out the orienteering trail at Hearts Content and test your compass knowledge!
- Take a day and paddle or float the Allegheny River, for a more adventurous trip visit the Clarion River!
- Spend the day at the reservoir, swimming, hiking or boating!
USDA Forest Service
- Every Kid in a Park
- National Get Outdoors Day
- National Public Lands Day