Pleasant View Ridge Wilderness
Description and Use
Pleasant View Ridge Wilderness, designated in 2009, has 26,757 acres. This wilderness area is located roughly 30 miles northeast of La Canada, north of the Angeles Crest Highway where the San Gabriel Mountains slope north to meet the Mojave Desert. This area is known for its’ majestic peaks and spectacular views of the San Gabriels and desert basin.
Burckhardt (10W02 High Desert National Recreation Trail), Islip Saddle (9W02), and the Pacific Crest Trail go through this wilderness.
Alerts & Warnings
- Regional Order 22-01: Additional Fire Restrictions
- 05-01-22-06 Fire Restrictions
- Forest Order No. 05-01-22-04 - Williamson Rock Area Closure & Map
- Forest Order 05-01-22-05 West Fork Road Closure Order and Map
- Forest Order No. 05-01-22-02 Angeles NF Bobcat Closure Order
- Forest Order No. 05-01-22-01 - Eagle Closure Area