What is Allowed and Prohibited on the National Forest
Please review the following so that everyone, including future generations, can enjoy their National Forests.
FIREWORKS are never allowed on the National Forest.
Review regulations for using firearms, air guns, paintball guns and sling shots, which includes cleaning up trash such as casings.
Unless a restriction is in place, campfires are allowed when Forest Service rules are followed including ALWAYS being in attendance of your fire. When you leave PUT IT OUT - COLD OUT! Put lots of water on it (about 5 gallons), mix and stir dirt in, then do it again until you can put your bare hand on the coals and they are cool to the touch! Putting your fire out can take awhile. Please start extinguishing it BEFORE you start packing up. Learn more about campfire safety.
Bag your trash and take it home with you. Help keep our forests clean and green by "Packing It Out!" Please practice the 7 Principles of Leave No Trace ethics, which include:
- Properly disposing of waste
- Minimizing impact
Please respect others so that all can enjoy time on National Forests. Disorderly conduct is not allowed.
What a Horse Sees! by Trailmeitster. Short film illustrating safe ways of passing horse and rider on the trail.
Flying drones is popular, but it also creates serious hazards to aircraft and negatively impacts firefighting operations. Before flying drones become familiar with regulations that stipulate where and when drones may be flown. Visit the FAA's Know Before You Fly campaign to learn how to fly drones safely.
- Flying drones within or near wildfires without permission could cause injury to firefighters.
- Fire managers may suspend aerial firefighting until unauthorized drones leave the area, allowing the fire to grow larger.
When camping or picnicking, please keep your site clean; free from trash and food. Otherwise animals and insects are attracted to your site. Review Forest Order 01-15-576
Review restricted behavior and activities in wilderness and primitive areas on the Apache-Sitgreaves.
This page is not an all-inclusive list of rules and regulations.
Alerts & Warnings
- 03-01-05-23-15 Gravel Pit Closure Order
- 03-01-05-23-13 Boggy Wildcat Closure
- 03-01-05-23-14 Caldwell Corrals Closure
- 03-01-05-23-16 Kettlehole Closure
- Regional Closure Order - Fireworks, Explosives and Sparks
- 14-Day Stay Limit in 30-Day Period on Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests