Chippewa National Forest Passes & Permits

Passes and Permits
photo of stony point campground on leech lake

Recreation Passes:
Most national forest system lands are open, free of charge for your use and enjoyment. Special passes are available, including the Interagency Recreation Passes. If you plan to use a specialized facility (camping, parking, boat launch, ramps, swimming site, etc.) in the forest, you may have to pay a User Fee.   

Recreation Interagency Passes


  • Permits are required to use National Forests lands when there is commercial
    gain or there is an impact on the forest.   More...
  • Permits for commerical filming, outfitting and guide, river permits, wilderness
    permits, etc can be found at the National Forest Service and Bureau of Land
    Management Passes and Permits Website.  More...

Senior Pass Update:

All Chippewa National Forest offices are almost out of the $10.00 Senior Passes. If you would like a pass please call ahead to make sure that there are still passes available. (218-335-8600)

You can still purchase the $10.00 passes through the USGS Store (, with orders completed online or postmarked prior to August 27th. Online pass sales are currently being processed within nine weeks, mail in pass applications are currently being processed within 12 weeks.

All eligible Senior pass orders postmarked before August 27 will be processed at the $10.00 price. Pass orders postmarked after August 27 will be processed at the $80.00 price.