Rock/Sand and Gravel Permits


The Ranger Districts on the Cibola National Forest and National Grasslands sell rock or sand/gravel permits for personal use only. Here is some general guidance, but please call the ranger district to get specifics. 

Mt. Taylor Ranger District sells rock permits.
Cost: $10.00/cubic yard. There's a 5 cubic yard limit per year per household.
Call: 505.287.8833

Magdalena Ranger District sells sand & gravel permits.
Cost: is $2.50/cubic yard. There's a minimum purchase of 4 cubic yards. Call: 575.854.2281

District staff can also advise you of the best locations to find the type of rock you’re looking for.