Motor Vehicle Use Maps

Please follow the links on this page to download digital versions of the MVUMs or contact your local Forest Service office to obtain paper copies of the map, free of charge.

About MVUMs

This motor vehicle use map identifies those roads, trails, and areas designated for the motor vehicle use under 36 CFR 212.51 for the purpose of enforcing the prohibition at 36 CFR 261.13. This is a limited purpose. The other public roads are shown for information and navigation purposes only and are not subject to designation under the Forest Service travel management regulation. These designations apply only to National Forest System roads, National Forest System trails, and areas on National Forest System lands.

It is your responsibility to reference the MVUM to stay on designated routes for motor vehicle use. Information on Travel Management direction and Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) programs should be obtained by contacting the forest directly.

Direct Links to Motor Vehicle Use Maps Available for the Forest

Our digital maps are available to download as geospatial PDFs for viewing and/or use in any GPS-enabled mobile application, or directly from the Avenza Maps online map store. For the best user experience, use our MVUMs within a GPS-enabled mobile app such as Avenza Maps. (USDA Forest Service maintains a partnership with Avenza Systems, Inc., to offer Forest Service maps on the Avenza Maps platform but its usage is not required to download or view these MVUMs.)

Please select any of the following titles to learn more about MVUMs.

OHV North Main Divide

Forest roads within the Cleveland National Forest are limited to street legal vehicles only. Green and red sticker vehicles are limited to the areas at Wildomar on the Trabuco Ranger District (951-736-1811) and Corral Canyon on the Descanso Ranger District (619-445-6235). There are noise regulations in place for OHV vehicles. For specific noise limits, testing data, and testing standards, please visit the OHV Noise Regulations section of the California OHV website.

Green Sticker

Green stickers allow users to operate on public land all year.

Red Sticker

Red stickers are for ATVs and motorcycles year 2003 or later that do not meet California Air Resources Board emission standards. If your vehicle has a 3 or a C in the eighth position of the Vehicle Identification Number, then you fall into this category and must obtain a red sticker to operate your vehicle. While green sticker vehicles are permitted year round access, red sticker operation is limited to specific dates. These are as follows:

  • Corral Canyon, December 1 through January 31
  • Wildomar, December 1 through February 28/29
Special Non-Resident Permits

Special permits are required for non-California residents who plan to ride OHV's on the Forest. These permits are only required if you are a non-resident and your vehicle is not registered in your home state. Please see the State of California OHV website for additional information on Non-Resident OHV Permits. For more information on OHV use in California, how to obtain stickers, or where to find red sticker vehicle areas, please visit the California OHV website.