Are you ready to grow your career? A career with the Forest Service is a chance to work for nature and contribute lasting impact as part of a values-based, purpose-driven, relationship-focused team that is working toward shared goals, following shared principles (“This is Who We Are”).
How to Apply
Job openings are posted online at www.USAJobs.gov. Before opportunities are posted, some are also posted in the USDA Forest Service Outreach Database. This is a resource for candidates who are eligible for distinct hiring paths and potential candidates to express interest in positions. These positions may be filled permanently through the use of direct hire authorities through unique hiring paths. Responses may also be used to determine the potential applicant pool and/or if further recruitment methods and areas of consideration (e.g., agency-wide, government-wide, open to the public) are needed. Responses may also help determine if an alternate or additional duty location(s) is (are) warranted.
Hiring managers are considering the use of unique hiring paths that are available to qualifying individuals. Here are a few examples:
- Resource Assistants
- U.S. Military veterans
- Individuals with Schedule A disabilities
- Current federal employees through lateral reassignments
- How to write a Federal Resume
- Facebook: Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest
- Tips on writing a resume and applying for federal jobs can be found online.
- Schedule a Resume Review or Mock Interview with a Regional Recruiter on Outlook.
Tips for Applicants
- Don’t wait until the last-minute to apply.
- Review the Required Documents for Special Hiring Authorities.
- Review this overview information: Welcome to the Forest Service: Applying for a Job.
- Reference pay scales: 2023 Salary Table.
Open Continuous Recruitment Announcements
Submit your resume to be considered when a job comes open. Just select the job and location(s) you prefer and when a position opens at that location your resume will automatically be forwarded for consideration.
Benefits and Pay
Resumes, Applications, and the Federal Government
This is Who We Are
Please take time to watch Chief Vicki Christiansen in This is Who We Are, a video about the mission and values of the U.S. Forest Service.