Order No. 04-00-146 - Off-Road Vehicle Restrictions
Pursuant to Title 36 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 261.50 (a) and/or (b), the following acts are prohibited on the area, roads, and trails described in this order* within the Coconino National Forest until further notice.
(1) Possess or use any type of motorized vehicle off forest developed road designated restricted by the OFF-ROAD MANAGEMENT PLAN of DECEMBER, 1986, 36 CFR 261.56.
(2) Using any type of motorized vehicle on forest developed roads designated restricted by the OFF-ROAD MANAGEMENT PLAN of DECEMBER, 1986, 36 CFR 261.56.
Pursuant to 36 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
(1) Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act or omission.
(2) Any Federal, State, or local officer, or member of an organized rescue or fire fighting force i the performance of an official duty.
* This Order affects portions of the Coconino National Forest which are identified in the Coconino National Forest, Land and Resource Management Planning, Environmental Impact Statement 03-04-86-01, OFF-ROAD MANAGEMENT PLAN, and/or addendum to the Plan, which are herin attached as Exhibits.
Done at Flagstaff, Arizona this 2nd day of December, 2000.
/s/ James W. Golden
Coconino National Forest
Violations of these prohibitions are punishable by a fine of not more than $5000 for an individual, or $10,000 for an organization, or imprisonment for not more than 6-months, or both. (Title 16 United States Code, 551, and 18 U.S.C. 3559 and 3571)
Exhibit A: Off-Road Management Plan (full map) (published 1986, revised 1991)
- Quiet Areas: Special seasonal closures to protect big game winter habitats and provide quiet hunting areas (part of Forest Order 04-00-146).
- Motor Vehicle Use Map (MVUM): Know before you go! Get a free copy of the official MVUM, and download the digital companion Travel Map for your smartphone or GPS! This map shows where you may legally drive your motorized vehicle on the Coconino National Forest.
- Forest Orders: A full list of current closures, restrictions, and prohibitions on the Coconino National Forest (including Forest Order 04-00-146).