2023 Fuelwood Permits
Partnering retailers will also continue to provide free firewood authorizations during business hours.
ATTENTION: 2022 Forest User's Maps are valid until 2023 Forest User's Maps become available in May.
- Colville National Forest District Offices and the Supervisor’s Office will each provide a self-service station to obtain your free 12-cord authorization and forest user’s map packet outside the visitor entrance door.
- Fill out the authorization before cutting firewood.
- Follow the rules printed on the maps and the terms and conditions in the packet.
- Record your firewood cutting activity on the firewood quantity removal record.
- Carry both the authorization and Forest Uses map with you while cutting firewood on the Colville National Forest.
- For 2023, Tonasket Ranger District will continue using the collection requirements implemented from when they were a part of the Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest.
Wood Cutting on the Colville National Forest
Obtain a free firewood permit at a USFS office or approved partner location, including the map of approved woodcutting areas.
- Find a location near you HERE.
Know the current Industrial Fire Precaution Level
Know the current Industrial Fire Precaution Level for the approved woodcutting area you are going to. (This will affect what time you can use a chainsaw, the fire safety tools you need to have with you, and the required fire watch time.) WA DNR IFPL website.WA DNR IFPL Website - Link.
Know the current Fire Restrictions
Know what Fire Restrictions are in place that can potentially affect driving on national forest roads, campfires, smoking, and other fire-related issues. Current Fire Restrictions on the Colville National Forest.
- Current Restrictions: Link.
Follow IFPL Regulations
Ensure you follow IFPL regulations, including a one-hour fire watch after cutting.
Link to list of current regulations: Link
Alerts & Warnings
- Flume Creek Closure Order: 06-21-35-23-08
- Prescribed Burn Notice
- 06-21-00-21-02: Food Storage Order
- TERMINATION of Public Use Restrictions: 06-21-09-23-06
- TERMINATION of Salmo Basin Fire Closure: 06-21-35-23-04
- TERMINATION of Crater Creek Fire Closure: 06-21-09-23-07
- TERMINATION of Closure Order: 06-21-12-23-01 Nancy Creek Road Washout Closure