Eagle Creek Fire Response
Eagle Creek Fire was a fast-moving fire that impacted parts of the Columbia River Gorge in September 2017. Explore the links below for the backstory, post-fire hazards to watch for, response efforts to date, and the ecological recovery of the forest. Trail and recreation site closures are still in effect – visit our Recreation page for up to date information.
Learn the story behind Eagle Creek Fire. Find maps and data...
Learn about ongoing trail work, hazard mitigations, and repairs and how you can help...
Learn about landscape hazards that remain for years after a major wildfire & get tips for visitors and residents on how to stay safe...
Fire is a natural part of the landscape. Learn about how forests regenerate after fire and year-round fire management...
Alerts & Warnings
- No permits needed to visit Multnomah Falls
- Prescribed Burning to start in CRGNSA
- Effective Oct 20, 2022: Closure Update: Eagle Creek Fire
- 2023/2024 Fire Hire Now through Sept 29
- Wyeth Campground Water
- Drones prohibited in wilderness and select recreation sites
- Klickitat Mile One Overnight Use & Large Boat Launch Prohibition
- Guard against car theft
- Check road and weather conditions