Interagency Access Pass

[IMAGE: Interagency Annual Pass]



  • Honored nationwide at all Forest Service, National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and US Fish & Wildlife Service sites charging entrance or standard amenity fees.
  • Waives most day use fees (except at some concessionaire-run sites) and most entrance fees for all the federal agencies listed below under "Participating Sites" across the United States.
  • Valid for pass holder's lifetime.


  • Admits pass holder and any accompanying passengers in a private non-commercial vehicle.
  • At per-person fee areas, admits pass holder and up to 3 persons. Persons 15 and younger are admitted free of charge.


  • At staffed sites, show your pass to the booth attendant.
  • At unstaffed sites, use hangtag to display pass from rear-view mirror. Hangtags are available at Forest Service offices.
  • At per-person sites, present pass upon request.

Eligibility Requirements

  • Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
  • Must have a medical determination and documentation of blindness or permanent disability.
  • Must obtain in person
  • Must submit one of the following documents:
  1. A statement signed by a licensed physician attesting that the applicant has a permanent physical, mental, or sensory impairment that severely limits one or more major life activity.
  2. A document issued by a federal agency, such as the Veteran's Administration, which attests that the applicant has been medically determined to be eligible to receive federal benefits as a result of disability. Other acceptable federal agency documents include proof of receipt of Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) due to disability.
  3. A document issued by a state agency, such as the vocational rehabilitation agency, which attests that the applicant has been medically determined to be eligible to receive that agencies benefits or services as a result of medically determined permanent disability. Showing a state motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate, or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.

Other Important Details

  • Interagency Access Passes are nontransferable.
  • The Interagency Access Pass belongs to the signer only and s/he must be present for the pass to be used. Photo identification may be requested to verify pass ownership.
  • If the person receiving the pass is unable to sign, a parent or guardian may sign the pass holder’s name for him/her.  
  • Concessionaires may or may not honor the Interagency Access Pass, acording to the terms of their current permit.
  • Interagency Access Pass holders may receive a 50% discount on some expanded amenity fees.
  • Interagency Access Passes are NOT valid for any special recreation permits.


Decals for open topped vehicles may be issued free with an Interagency Access Pass. Decals offer a secure method to display ownership of the Interagency Access Pass on motorcycles or open-topped vehicles at unstaffed sites.  However, they are not a valid pass in themselves; the vehicle owner must also carry an Interagency Access Pass. Issuance of a decal requires:

  1. Valid Interagency Pass
  2. Photo identification to verify pass ownership
  3. Vehicle registration for an open topped vehicle that matches the name(s) of the pass holder(s) and the photo identification

How to get this pass

Participating Sites

 Honored nationwide at all agency sites listed below that charge entrance or day use (standard amenity) fees.

  • Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
  • Forest Service (FS)
  • National Park Service (NPS)
  • Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
  • United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
  • United States Bureau of Reclamation (USBR)
  • United States Fish and Wildlife Service (US FWS)

More Information

  • Call Outdoor Recreation Information Center at 1-800-270-7504