Forest Products

The Caribou-Targhee National Forest issues permits for various forest products including firewood, corral poles, fence posts and stays, Christmas trees, tree boughs, wilding transplants, pine cones, and decorative wood.

  • Firewood Permit

    Woodpile Firewood

    Firewood permits are sold at local district offices June 3rd through Nov. 30th. For map, Terms and Conditions and general questions, follow link below.


  • Christmas Tree Permit

    Christmas Tree

    Permits are sold starting Mid-October will be available at Ranger District Offices, vendors and webpage.


  • Post and Pole Permit

    Pole Permit Fence

    Ashton/Island Park has designated personal use post and pole areas. For maps, follow link below: