The Gardiner Ranger District is comprised largely of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness and sits along a significant portion of Yellowstone National Park's norther border. The proximity to the park and the wildness of the landscape offer incredible wildlife habitat throughout the entire district. The district contains a variety of ecosystems ranging from the broad, meadowed valleys of Slough Creek and Hellroaring Creek to the windswept, lake-spotted high alpine tundra of the Bearooth Plateau. The Gardiner district is also well-known in the winter for the world-class snowmobiling around Cooke City, MT.
Alerts & Warnings
- Regional Orders in Effect
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Beartooth R.D. Select Rd Closures: Flood Damage
- Yellowstone R.D. Select Road & Site Closures - Flood Damage
- Closure - NFSR #2421 Glacier Lake Road
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction