National Register of Historic Places
The Meyers Creek Work Center complex was listed April 14, 2023 on the National Register of Historic Places. In 2021, GAOA funding was awarded to the Meyers Creek Work center to conduct restoration of the rental cabin and to improve the water system.
Shenango Work Center in the Gallatin Canyon is an administrative sites with historic bridge and roadway from the CCC-era between 1934-1939. Sitting along the Gallatin River, the historic buildings were formalized on the National Register of Historic Places - September 1, 2022.
Poker Jim Fire Lookout on the Ashland Ranger District sits atop a 30-foot tower and was constructed in 1955. The lookout sits at 4,348 feet atop the apex of Poker Jim Butte providing a 360 degree view of the Bighorn Mountains, Ashland Ranger District and distant grasslands of southeastern Montana. Designated on September 1, 2022 to National Register of Historic Places.
Alerts & Warnings
- Beartooth Ranger District Road and Trail Closures 01-11-82-23-05
- East Rosebud Road 2177 and East Rosebud Trail 15_Closure 01-11-82-23-03
- 01-11-04-23-03 Yellowstone Ranger District Camping Area Closure
- Road 478 Closure (South Fork Madison Road) 01-11-07-23-01
- Road NFSR 348 (Six Mile Road)_Yellowstone RD Road Closure
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Hyalite Target Shooting Closure
- Road #3089, Closure, Sioux Ranger District
- McConnell Fishing Access and Beattie Gulch Area Shooting Closures
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction