Interested Person Filing Period
Updated: October 1, 2020
The Custer Gallatin Objection period is closed. The Objection period ran for 60-days from July 9 - September 8, 2020. The Northern Regional office has compiled and determined preliminary issues regarding objections for the Custer Gallatin National Forest and is working to determine logistics for upcoming Objection/Resolution focused meetings tentatively late Fall/ winter 2020. Date TBD. A legal notice in the Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Billings Gazette and Rapid City Journal have been published.
Interested Person Filing Period is Closed.
Filing Period ran 10-days - From September 18 - September 28.
Submitting instructions below
“Interested persons” may include any party not named in the objection and who submitted substantive formal comments demonstrating their participation during the planning process.
If you are interested in filing as a interested party please follow these steps
- Download the word document or pdf fillable version (based on preference), then save document to your computer in handy location.
- Ideally submissions should be submitted via our online commenting system here: https://cara.ecosystem-management.org/Public//CommentInput?Project=50185 (this system will ONLY be live during the 10-day period)
- Navigate to the online submission form and fill in the mandatory information, upload your filled out document saved on your computer.
- Submit document.
- Follow steps on page 2 to either submit by postal mail or fax. Electronic submission via the webform is strongly encouraged.
GO DIRECTLY TO ONLINE SUBMISSION- Interested Person
File For Interested Person Status September 18 to September 28
Follow instructions on page 2 - choosing the respective submitting format (online, fax, hardcopy/mail) that works best for you.
Interested Person requests will only be open during the dates noted above.
To be formally recognized as an interested person and participate in the objection resolution discussions with the objector(s) and the reviewing official, you must request this status within 10 days of the legal notice listing the objections - September 18 - September 28.
You do not need to have objected to the plan decision to request to be an interested person. However, you must have provided substantive comment during the opportunities provided during the planning process
Thank you for your continued interest in Forest Plan Revision.
Alerts & Warnings
- Closures on Sourdough Canyon and Leverich Canyon Trails Begin Nov.16th
- Pryor Caves Seasonal Area Closure
- Beartooth Ranger District Road and Trail Closures 01-11-82-23-05
- East Rosebud Road 2177 and East Rosebud Trail 15_Closure 01-11-82-23-03
- 01-11-04-23-03 Yellowstone Ranger District Camping Area Closure
- Road 478 Closure (South Fork Madison Road) 01-11-07-23-01
- Woody Creek Road Closure
- Hyalite Target Shooting Closure
- Road #3089, Closure, Sioux Ranger District
- McConnell Fishing Access and Beattie Gulch Area Shooting Closures
- Hyalite Drainage Proposed Permanent Recreational Target Shooting Restriction