Planning a Visit to Central Oregon?
Daydreaming about a relaxing weekend in the sun?
Or maybe a heart-pounding, wet & wild rafting trip down the Deschutes River is more your style?
No matter what your dreams include, this page will help you make them come true! Our central Oregon forests offer an immense variety of recreational activities: there is truly something for everyone. Goof off or go wild! Come visit; you won't be disappointed!
Here are a few suggestions to make your visit the best it can be:
- The Recreation section of our website is organized by Activity. Each activity has a list of recreation sites that feature that pursuit. Click an Activity to learn more
- Got maps? We do! Go to our Maps & Publications page
- Need a pass or permit? The individual recreation site pages have detailed information including any required passes & permits or restrictions that might be in place for that location. Please note that most passes & permits are not available at the recreation site: they must be purchased ahead of time. Go to our Recreation Passes & Permits page for more information
- Check out our Current Conditions and Weather Page for trails and access updates, forecasts and recent weather trends
- View our Fire Information section for current fire activity, campfire restrictions and more
- Got questions? We have answers! Contact one of our Forest Service Offices
- Be prepared and be safe!
And above all, whatever you do, wherever you go, HAVE FUN!
Central Oregon Visitor Information Resources
- Central Oregon Visitors Association
- Travel Oregon - Explore Central Oregon
- Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Redmond Chamber of Commerce & Convention Visitors Bureau
- Prineville Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Bend
- Oregon Department of Transportation - Tripcheck