PLACERVILLE, CA - The USDA Forest Service is seeking nominees to fill an opening on the 15-member El Dorado County Resource Advisory Committee. Candidates for the current opening must be a federal land use permit holder or a non-industrial private forest landowner in El Dorado County. Applications are requested by March 1, 2022.
The Resource Advisory Committee (RAC) is established under the Secure Rural Schools Act to review and recommend conservation projects that benefit National Forest System lands in El Dorado County. Projects are recommended by the RAC to improve the maintenance of existing infrastructure; implement stewardship objectives that enhance forest ecosystems; and restore and improve land health and water quality.
Resource Advisory Committee members have a four year term and represent a wide diversity of interests from the following groups:
- Organized labor or non-timber forest product harvester groups
- Developed outdoor recreation, off highway vehicle users, or commercial recreation activities
- Energy and mineral development interests or commercial or recreational fishing interests
- Commercial timber industry
- Hold federal grazing or other land use permits, or represent nonindustrial private forest land owners, within the area for which the committee is organized (** VACANT**)
- Nationally recognized environmental organizations
- Regionally or locally recognized environmental organizations
- Dispersed recreational activities
- Archaeological and historical interests
- Nationally or regionally recognized wild horse and burro interest groups, wildlife or hunting organizations, or watershed associations
- Hold State elected office or their designee
- Hold county or local elected office
- American Indian tribes within or adjacent to committee area
- School officials or teachers
- Represent the affected public at large
Committee members must reside in California. There is typically one committee meeting each month. Visit the RAC committee page on the forest website for more information about the duties and the two forms needed to apply for Resource Advisory Committee membership:
· Member Interest Form
· Background Information Form
Applications must include original signatures and be mailed to: Kristi Schroeder, Eldorado National Forest, 100 Forni Road, Placerville, CA 95667-- Attn: RAC Nominations.
For assistance with the application forms, contact Kristi Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org.