Road Use

Under special circumstances, the Forest Service considers applications for road easements for access to private property. Easements are granted only if no other reasonable access is possible.

Occasionally, the Forest Service seeks easements from other landowners when there is a demonstrated need for the access and the road or trail cannot be accommodated on national forest land.

When feasible, the Forest Service will issue a single easement to a collective group, such as a homeowner’s association, that could share the travel way rather than issue individual easements.