Weddings and Non-commercial Group Use
- Back to Events/Commercial Permits
Non-commercial group use permits are for an activity that:
- Involves 75 or more people including spectators,
- Where an entry or participate fee is not charged, and
- Where the primary purpose is not the sale of a good or service (36CFR251.51).
Keep this is mind, whether your gathering requires a permit or not:
- Access for the general public to sites, trails, and/or roads must be maintained (no area may be closed or cordoned off).
- Wedding ceremonies may not be officiated by individuals who are paid for their services; this is a commercial service widely available off of National Forest System land.
- No vendors or food trucks or carts are allowed.
- No excessive noise or public address systems near a campsite, developed recreation site or over an adjacent body of water.
- Throwing objects, including rice, birdseed, confetti, or lanterns or the release of helium balloons is prohibited.
- Decorations such as crepe paper and balloons are prohibited.
- All litter must be disposed of properly.
- Expect to have contact with members of the recreating public during your gathering, especially at popular sites.
- Plan your event early or late in the day at developed sites to avoid peak visitation and congestion times (before 11 am and after 4 pm, April through September).
- Cowlitz Valley Ranger District: 360-497-1100
- Mt. Adams Ranger District: 509-395-3400
- Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument: 360-449-7800