Gila Wilderness Centennial Poster Contest
Calling all artists! The Gila National Forest invites you to submit your artwork for inclusion in Gila Wilderness Centennial posters. The winning contributors’ artwork will be used as part of an outreach campaign happening next year in celebration of 100 years of the Gila Wilderness.
All works submitted must be inspired by the Gila Wilderness and represent one or more of the five characteristics of Wilderness: untrammeled; natural; undeveloped; opportunities for solitude and primitive, unconfined recreation; and other characteristics that make the Gila uniquely special.
An honorarium in the amount of $100 will be awarded to all artists whose artwork is selected for inclusion in Gila Wilderness Centennial posters. There is no fee for entry in the competition.
Submissions are open from October 1 to December 15, 2023. The winner will be announced January 15.
- Work must represent at least one of the five characteristics of Wilderness explained above
- No smaller than 16'' by 20''
- No more than two entries per person
- No copyrighted materials
- Entries must include the artwork submittal form and an artist statement (a few lines about what is unique or special about the Gila Wilderness, and which Wilderness characteristics are represented in your piece)
- Entries must be completely anonymous for jurying. No signatures should show on the artwork, and image file names should not include artist name. Artwork will be credited and signed after judging is complete.
- Digital submission file must be at a resolution of 150 pixels per inch (or 2500 by 3750 pixels) or greater
- Permission must be granted to the Forest Service to photographically reproduce any submitted works for publicity or educational purposes. This includes but is not limited to using your artwork (with credit) for social media posts, printed handouts, posters, or promotional videos.
Gila Wilderness Centennial Arts Committee Coordinator