California Campfire Permits

Image with text Do you have a California Campfire Permit?If not, do you have a smartphone?A portion of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest's Bridgeport and Carson Ranger Districts are in California. Visitors will need to obtain a free California Campfire Permit if they plan to build a campfire or use a barbecue or stove, unless in a developed recreation area (campground or picnic area). 

Permits are also available at all USDA Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection offices in California or ONLINE at…


On the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, permits are available at the following offices:


Bridgeport Ranger District
75694 US-395
Bridgeport, CA 93517
(760) 932-707


Carson Ranger District
1536 South Carson Street
Carson City, NV 89701
(775) 882-2766


Supervisor's Office
1200 Franklin Way
Sparks, NV  89431
(775) 331-6444


Remember that regulations governing campfires are specific to each national forest and change with weather conditions and the seasons. Click here for up-to-date information on fire restrictions.